How much do people like gambling in NZ?
NZ is a young nation on islands in the Pacific Ocean with not the longest history of gambling, unless you count the games practiced by the natives. Today there are several casinos and tens of thousands of slot machines in the country. Several regulatory bodies – the Department of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Health, the Gambling Commission – monitor the industry in terms of casinos and gambling establishments in the country. They are acting on the basis of the Gambling Act 2003 with various modifications and amendments.
Online casinos in New Zealand are not directly regulated by local law, but there are conditions under which foreign companies can operate in the country. In recent years, more than a dozen land-based casinos have opened in New Zealand. The largest is in Oakland, Sky City Casino, which has 150 gaming tables, 1,877 slot machines and 240 fully automatic slot machines. In fact, slot machines in New Zealand are commonly referred to as poki, and in this country poki and video poker are placed literally at every turn. You can see them near stores, in pubs and other public places, as well as in officially authorized casinos.
New Zealand loves online gambling
The New Zealand government has banned local providers from setting up online casino sites within the country, but players can legally play at international establishments whose servers are located abroad and which are licensed by regulatory bodies such as the UK Gambling Commission, Curacao, Malta and Gibraltar. Moreover, players’ winnings in such casinos are free of income tax. Gamblers in New Zealand have been found to prefer playing slots, lotteries and betting on sports. The biggest areas of betting are rugby, cricket, soccer and netball. But there are also quite specific bets on various national pastimes, such as guinea pig races or crab runs. Over 85% of the population see gambling as a way to increase their income and are involved in online or offline gambling in one way or another, and 41% of them gamble more than once a week. Just in 2017, New Zealanders spent NZ$572 million on casino gambling and NZ$870 million on slot machines. That figure has nearly doubled in recent years. Online gambling brings in more than a third of that turnover. And if you’re looking for the best online casinos, below are the best games from the world’s top casino providers that you can play legally.
What are the best online casinos in New Zealand?
Undoubtedly though the excitement in the blood of New Zealanders not so long ago is raging bright colors, on the strength of excitement and passion for the game, this region does not lag behind the leading leaders of the gambling industry. Therefore, new Kiwi players are often faced with the difficult task of choosing the best casino for personal online gambling. Below you will find a list of such casinos. They first of all meet the parameters that must meet the best online casinos with a guarantee of safe and fair play. These parameters are:
- Legality – every casino that operates in the country must have a license from the regulatory authorities. The most common online casinos are licensed by Curacao, Malta or Gibraltar. Less common are licenses from the British Gambling Commission, but it is just as strong and legal to use. Information about the NZ online casino license is usually found at the bottom of the website’s web page.
- Site security and RTP honesty – these indicators are always basic for choosing an online casino. It’s important to choose a casino with SSL encryption and two-factor user protection. Do not forget about the parameter of return to the player. This metric, if it is honest and meets the numbers set from the provider, can help you find the best casino with a better chance of winning.
- The line of games in the lobby is another important indicator for a good casino. NZ online casinos usually use games from the world’s leading providers and the number is rarely less than 1,000 games. However, a wide selection of games should be accompanied by a convenient search system and filtering by necessary parameters.
- Bonus offers. For ordinary players this is the most important indicator. However, here beginners can fall into a trap, when beautiful pictures with big bonuses attract them to low-quality casinos. Therefore, keep an eye on the bonus rates and descriptions of how you can get them only after making sure of the parameters voiced above. The best NZ casinos online offer at least 120-150% on your first deposit and interesting additional promotions, as well as a line of VIP privileges for regular players.
- Mobile-adaptive site – this is now, in the world of modern technology, one of the important criteria. You also need to pay your attention to this parameter, because playing anywhere at any time is convenient and fun. The site should support any version of gadgets, as well as some NZ online casinos have an additional mobile application.
And of course, you may benefit from the support option, so in addition to the parameters described above, look closely at how the support service of your chosen site works. It’s best if it’s live chat directly on the site or popular methods of communication such as messengers and hotline support.
Coming to the Kiwi gambling market in 2018, Joo Casino is one of the most trusted online casino sites in New Zealand. Over the past years, thousands of loyal Kiwis have received their winnings and have marked this casino as one of the most honest and reliable. A license from the Electronic Gaming Authority of Curacao only confirms this. Newcomers here are greeted with a nice bonus of 200% on the first deposit up to NZ$3,000. Also interesting bonuses waiting for you here are Monday Reload Bonus, Wednesday Reload Bonus and Reload Bonus for high rollers. This online casino has more than 90 providers with more than 2,000 game choices to suit all tastes.
Since 2016, Tangiers Casino is a prestigious company with a history and a high-profile name that has been serving Kiwi players for years without a single payout complaint. Huge welcome bonus of up to 750% and $7,500 NZ$ for new players. This is one of the biggest welcome bonuses among many NZ online casinos. Among the benefits besides the welcome bonus is a wide variety of payment methods, including cryptocurrencies.
In 2017, this casino opened its website and since then it has held a leading position in the ranking of the best nz casino online. It is licensed by the Malta Gambling Authority. You will also find a nice welcome bonus of up to 300% and $600 NZ dollars at this casino. Of the more than 2,000 games on the site, you will find well-known and popular games, as well as novelties and classics. All of this makes N1 Casino one of the most convenient casinos you’ll find at online casinos nz
This site didn’t appear long ago in the New Zealand online casino market and launched in 2020. However, its owner and operator is Hollycorn NV, a fairly well-known brand in the global industry, and its security is guaranteed by a license issued by Curacao. Rocket Casino offers in its lobby more than 3,000 games from more than 60 providers, a good bonus offer up to 150% on the first deposit and many payment options, including cryptocurrency. In addition, excellent customer support is available 24/7 and the site is available on mobile gadgets, laptops and PCs.
Hell Spin Casino.
Players from Kiwi can use Hell Spin Casino starting in March 2023. While it’s a fairly new online casino among everyone in New Zealand, it’s important to note that TechOptions Group BV owns and operates the site. In fact, it’s a major global brand in the gambling industry. The company is headquartered in Curacao, and the site is under the control of the Curacao Electronic Gaming Authority. The number of games at this casino is astounding, with over 4,000 for every taste and player experience from 71 game providers, including Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, iSoftBet and others with a huge experience and reputation among players.